Published August 16, 2017
EncoreFX is a global foreign exchange, risk management and international payments company headquartered in Victoria, B.C. With a team of experienced professionals operating across Canada and the Asia-Pacific region, EncoreFX provides customized access to services including spot foreign exchange, international payments and risk management strategies including forward contracts and currency options. At this time of exciting growth, EncoreFX is seeking an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Counter-Financing of Terrorism (CTF) Compliance Associate to join its head office team in Victoria, BC.
- Prepare management reporting including dashboard metrics related to internal AML/CTF processes and activities
- Administration of daily FINTRAC EFTI/EFTO transaction reporting
- Administration of the company’s AML/CTF training program including the ongoing management of the Company’s web-based learning management system (LMS)
- Administration of Watch list, Sanctions and PEP-screening processes
- Customer Risk Assessment(s) and accompanying KYC due-diligence processes
- Transaction Monitoring and the investigation of high-risk and/or unusual activity
- Internal testing and quality assurance of Operations processes
- Data entry related to the administration of the AML/CTF Compliance program
- Ongoing support to the Sales and Operations organizations with respect to AML/CTF-related responsibilities and obligations including client identification, recordkeeping and KYC due-diligence
- Assist in the maintenance of regulatory licenses and completion of accompanying AML/CTF audits
- Assist in the ongoing design, testing and development of AML/CTF-related systems and processes
- Prepare and maintain compliance-related standard operating procedures and related training materials
- Manage customer-facing forms and agreements in PDF-fillable format using the Adobe Pro suite
- Ad hoc duties related to AML/CTF processes as assigned by management
- Post-secondary education preferred (Business, Finance, Economics or Criminology); however, applicants with an equivalent level of training or experience will be considered
- Experience in the banking/financial services industry strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and capable of initiating projects and tasks with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task against time constraints and a diverse set of objectives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing PDF-fillable customer-facing and internal forms and agreements using Adobe Pro suite considered an asset
- Experience working within a regulated environment preferred
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification considered an asset
The successful candidate will be offered full-time salaried employment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience; please include salary expectations along with your application.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only applicants legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.