Published September 20, 2019
Job Description: US Tax and Regulatory Specialist
Location: Victoria, BC
Reporting to the CFO, the US Tax and Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for building processes and controls to maintain compliance with US tax and regulatory obligations.
- Ensure compliance with US Federal and State tax regulations.
- In cooperation with a professional services firm, prepare and file federal, state, franchise and sales and use tax returns as applicable.
- Perform research on various federal, state and international tax issues as they arise.
- Prepare tax provision calculations, estimated tax payments and other compliance responsibilities.
- Provide support on state, local, and federal audits.
- Research technical tax issue as requested.
- Act as liaison with IRS and state tax authorities.
- Maintain tax compliance calendar outlining all tax filing obligations.
- Support special projects and department initiatives, including process improvements, tax planning, etc.
- Ensure process and controls are in place to maintain ongoing compliance with financial requirements outlined in state money transmitter regulations (“Regulations”).
- Responsible for periodic state filing of financial information as outlined in Regulations.
- Maintain regulatory compliance calendar outlining all financial filing requirements.
- Act as liaison with state regulators on financial matters related to compliance with Regulations.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 2 or more years of tax experience, preferably US tax experience.
- CPA designation and or accounting experience an asset.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, persistent, self-motivated and able to function with a high degree of independence and accuracy.
- Skilled in analytical thinking, strong research skills and the ability to recommend solutions from analysis.
- Strong project management, organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Product suite.
If you describe yourself as a team player, are enthusiastic, and possess a high level of integrity, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
EncoreFX is a foreign exchange risk management and payment services company based in Victoria, B.C. with operations in Canada, United States, Australia and New Zealand. Through its team of experienced professionals and branch network, EncoreFX is able to offer customers tailored access for foreign exchange services, ranging from spot transactions and payments to long-term risk management strategies
Applicants should send their resume and salary expectations.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time