Published February 14, 2020
EncoreFX is looking for a US Client Enrollment Specialist based in our global headquarters in Victoria, B.C. to service our expanding US business. Reporting to the Manager, Branch Operations, the Client Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for enrollment and accreditation of all new clients. Acting as primary liaison between regional sales teams and head office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the preliminary review of all new applications, ensuring that application forms and related framework agreements are executed correctly, that client data has been recorded correctly and that all other Know-Your-Client (KYC) related information has been collected and managed in accordance with internal policies and procedures. The Client Enrollment Analyst will also be responsible for assisting in the ongoing maintenance of client information and related records.
- Act as primary liaison between our US Sales team and head office for the purposes of facilitating the enrollment of new clients
- Review new client applications and accompanying framework agreements to ensure documentation has been executed in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- Manage documentation and records in accordance with internal Information Security and Data management policies and procedures
- Perform Know-Your-Client (KYC) processes such as: cross-referencing customer information as collected from different sources; accessing corporate records from provincial or federal bodies
- Data entry of new client information and related records into the proprietary systems used at EncoreFX
- Manage workflow which is subject to defined service-level-agreements and important deadlines
- Ongoing management of client data entered into the systems of EncoreFX
- Process KYC re-accreditation processes designed to keep existing customer information records accurate and up to date
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Finance, Business, or Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience within the banking/financial services industry an asset; particularly in an accreditation or on-boarding role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to work effectively with remote stakeholders.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to meet time critical deadlines
- Works well independently with limited supervision
Candidates should apply with their cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.