Published June 20, 2019
Regulatory Compliance Associate
Location: Victoria, BC
EncoreFX is a foreign exchange, risk management and international payments company headquartered in Victoria, B.C. With a team of experienced professionals operating across Canada, EncoreFX provides customized access to services including spot foreign exchange, international payments and risk management strategies including forward contracts and currency options. At this time of exciting growth, EncoreFX is seeking a Regulatory Compliance Associate to join its head office team in Victoria, BC.
- Preparation and submission of state money transmitter license and license renewal applications with various regulatory authorities located in the US
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and general administration of the money transmitter licenses
- Administer the US Secretary of State (SOS) registrations and coordinate annual SOS company filings
- Administer the Non-Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS), ensure company profile and associated records are kept up to date and all material changes are communicated to the state(s) as required under the license
- Take lead in coordinating and assist in managing the collection of information and documentation, across all departments, in support of licensing activities
- Assist in monitoring for any changes that may affect EncoreFX’s various licenses
- Provide support to other departments as it relates to financial and transaction reporting, monitor deadlines and coordinate communications between the regulatory authorities and EncoreFX
- Administration of the company’s AML/CTF training program and learning management system (LMS)
- Administration of daily FINTRAC EFTI/EFTO transaction reporting
- Maintain and coordinate FinCEN, FINTRAC and AMF registrations and renewals
- Ongoing administrative support for compliance related activities as requested by management
- Post-secondary education preferred; however, will consider applicants with an equivalent level of training or experience
- Experience in the banking/financial industry strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and capable of initiating projects and tasks with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task against a dynamic set of objectives and time constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience working with regulatory bodies such as FINTRAC and FinCEN considered an asset
The successful candidate will be offered full-time salaried employment. Salary will be commensurate to qualifications and experience; please include salary expectations along with your application.
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Local candidates only: Victoria