Published August 21, 2019
EncoreFX is looking for a QA Tester to join our development team in Victoria, BC.
EncoreFX is a foreign exchange, risk management and international payments company headquartered in Victoria, B.C. With a team of experienced professionals operating across Canada, USA, New Zealand, and Australia, EncoreFX provides customized access to services including spot foreign exchange, international payments and risk management strategies including forward contracts and currency options.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the business applications and product functionality to be tested, and then leads in the development, implementation and evaluation of test strategies, specifications and models.
- Contributes to the design of Production from a testability standpoint. Adapts to changing requirements/processes and develops common reusable test plans for custom and vendor applications.
- Provides expertise in understanding what to test, as well as how it should be tested.
- Execute test cases, analyze results, write and regress defects with multiple supported browsers, on various operating systems.
- Fully participates in the Software Development Lifecycle, with an Agile approach. Works with the team to ensure quality throughout the product lifecycle, including reviewing specifications, developing schedules, and resolving issues.
- Manage bi-weekly release process
Qualifications and Skills
Required skills and experience:
- Have a degree or diploma in information technology, computer science or engineering, or similar field preferred, or has an equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- 3+ years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in planning, design, testing, implementation, support, analysis of programs and software, and or a participant in multiple phases of an integrated system implementation
- The ability to work with under-specified requirements and refine them into actionable tasks
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of functional and non‐functional testing, and a track record of innovation in testing
- A clear understanding of quality assurance processes and methodology
- Ability to work independently with good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner with exceptional communication skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with automated testing tools and practices
- Experience working within FinTech
- Experience with BDD/TDD
- Ability to set tests up from scratch to be used for functional/automation testing
- Strong knowledge of automation testing best practices
- A solid base salary and generous variable income potential
- A competitive benefits package
- Support of experienced management, systems and treasury teams
- Industry training and ongoing professional development
- Fun, fast paced work environment with a supportive, professional, and team oriented corporate culture
Job Type: Full-time
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.