Published May 24, 2019
Job Description: Operations Associate
Location: Mississauga, ON
EncoreFX is looking for an Operations Associate to join the Branch Operations team at the Greater Toronto Area office located in Mississauga, ON. Reporting to the GTA Operations Manager the Operations Associate will be responsible for assisting with branch operations in the GTA region, including the processing of foreign exchange deals, and international payments. This position will also have a strong focus on processing new customer applications from the offices throughout GTA, this includes ensuring that application forms and related framework agreements are executed correctly, that customer data has been recorded correctly in the systems of EncoreFX and that all other Know-Your-Client (KYC) related information has been collected and managed in accordance with internal policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be strongly self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail.
- Act as primary liaison between Canadian branch offices and head office for the purposes of facilitating the enrollment of new customers;
- Review new customer applications and accompanying framework agreements to ensure documentation has been executed in accordance with internal policies and procedures;
- Manage customer information records and accompanying personal identification records in accordance with EncoreFX’ policies under Canada’s Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act;
- Manage documentation and records in accordance with internal Information Security and Data management policies and procedures;
- Conduct basic Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) related Know-Your-Client (KYC) processes such as: cross-referencing customer information as collected from different sources; accessing corporate records from provincial or federal bodies;
- Data entry of new customer information and related records into the systems used at EncoreFX; including ongoing management of customer data entered into the systems of EncoreFX;
- Manage workflow which is subject to defined service-level-agreements and important deadlines;
- Monitor foreign exchange deals to ensure settlement by the applicable value date
- Post internal entries for the management of customer accounts
- Communicate with front line sales staff to ensure customer service standards are met
- Create templates for domestic and international payments
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of daily payments
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed within the branch
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Other responsibilities as required
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary education preferred (Finance or Business Administration); or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Previous experience within the banking/financial services industry considered an asset; preferably with experience processing customer credit/other applications;
- Work well independently with limited supervision;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and related controls and processes;
- Strong and confident communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Confident and experienced user with both the Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms; including the ability to effectively use the Internet for KYC-related research;
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to adhere to critical Quality Assurance (QA) metrics and other internal thresholds;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to meet time critical deadlines
About the Company:
EncoreFX is a premier foreign exchange services company with offices across Canada, and a head office located in Victoria, B.C. Through its team of experienced professionals and branch network, EncoreFX helps Canadian businesses achieve more from their foreign exchange operations.
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Local candidates only: GTA