Published August 28, 2019
A unique opportunity is available for an Assistant Controller to join a rapidly growing Victoria-based foreign exchange risk management and global payments company currently in its growth phase. Reporting to the Controller, this role will have the responsibilities outlined below.
This is expected to be a 12-16 month position to cover the parental leave of our current Assistant Controller, with a target start date of November 1, 2019.
- Prepare draft monthly financial statements in local IFRS for legal entities in the EncoreFX group
- Prepare month-end working papers including the reconciliation of account balances and the posting of monthly accruals and adjustments
- Prepare monthly branch contribution statements and other management reports as required
- Analyze and interpret financial results; communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Assist the accounts payable team with the review, coding and posting of invoices from vendors and expenses submitted by employees; ensure expenditures are in adherence with company policy
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payments to vendors and employees
- Participate in the annual audit with external auditors
- Support compliance with other statutory/regulatory requirements (i.e. WCB, GST, licensing)
- Review work of junior staff and assist with the supervision of staff when required
- Backup for Controller and Accounts Payable
- Special projects and other duties as required
- CPA designation or near completion of accounting designation
- Minimum 4-5 years of related accounting experience, including preparation of account reconciliations, year-end working papers, and financial statements
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective and professional demeanor
- Strong reconciliation experience, self-review skills, and attention to detail
- Highly skilled in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with superior organizational skills
- Able to mange competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to work well with others and be part of a cohesive team
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of IFRS and working knowledge of multi-jurisdictional GST/HST and PST, an asset
- Supervisory and mentoring experience, an asset
If you describe yourself as a team player, are enthusiastic, and possess a high level of integrity, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary